Re: The Great Inland Empire Floods Of 1969 searching for a certain picture that was printed in the daily report during this flood.Shortly after the thomas vineyard winery was destroyed by mudslides and rocks,my uncle(now deceased)was plucked off the roof of his house located at the corner of hellman and sixth? In the foothills of Angeles National Forest, northeast of Los Angeles, 15 homes were destroyed by floods and rockslides in the Azusa-Glendora area. Summary of Floods in the United States During 1969 By J. K. REID and others GEOLOGICAL SURVEY WATER-SUPPLY PAPER 2030 Prepared in cooperation with Federal, State, ... central and southern California _____ Map of flood-determination points and precipitation- data sites, flood of … On January 25, 1969, after many days of hard rain, the creek behind our home in Montecito over ran it's banks and destroyed our house. I was fascinated by it so I ordered a copy from the USGS sometime during the '90s. At least 29 traffic deaths in southern California were caused by the storm, authorities said. Southern California experienced some of the severest flooding since the 1930s. Re: More on the 1969 Inland Empire flood I don't know if any of you have seen this map or not but I first saw on the wall in a geology class that I had at Chaffey College back in the early '90s. You can't orbit too close to the Fenwick/Roehm family without at least hearing mention of "The Flood". California’s Great Flood: The Worst Flood in California’s History The worst flood in California history went from December 1861 to January 1862. Charleston Daily Mail West Virginia 1969-01-23 Location impacted: central and southern California The winter of 1969 was very wet in southern California and the southern Sierra Nevada. Property damage was extensive in the south coastal counties.

The flooding lasted 45 days, and it affected an area stretching 300 miles, including all of Sacramento and the San Joaquin Valley.